~Synopsis~As a physical sports therapist, Gail Bennett is accustomed to working with gorgeous athletes every day, but after falling for a few of these attractive men, she has been left heartbroken one too many times. When Gail’s hours at work are unexpectedly cut, she must find a way to continue helping her parents pay for her sister’s education. Reluctantly following her best friend’s advice, Gail takes on a roommate with the one man she has been avoiding since the first time she laid eyes on him. Damon Johnson loves a challenge, and he is not the type of man to back down when he wants something. From the first moment he meets Gail for dinner, he feels an inexplicable pull between the two of them. In his determination to have her, he finds himself helping her in any way he can. Can Damon break through all the barriers Gail has so carefully placed around her heart and prove that he’s different? Or will Gail’s reservations keep her from falling in love? One thought could change everything.
About the Author
Connect with the Author:
Ten Facts about “The Beautiful Series”
1. A Beautiful Thought is a heartfelt story of finding love when you least expect it. Gail came to me, struggling to find a way to continue helping her sister Caroline. And throughout The Beautiful Series, Damon Johnson has always had this dominant yet caring persona about him. He finds himself wanting to help Gail every step of the way. What he doesn’t expect is the unexplainable pull he feels toward her. Can Damon break through all the barriers Gail has so carefully placed around her heart and prove that he’s different? Or will Gail’s reservations keep her from falling in love? One thought could change everything.
2. Beautiful Chances, My Beautiful, and Beautiful Dreams are the first three novels in the series, all revolving around Kyle Madison and Lily Tidsdale. Lily came to me instantly, but her heart was damaged and fragile. Kyle suddenly invaded my thoughts, wanting to protect and comfort her in his possessive, overbearing ways. He was perfect for my Lily. They complemented one another’s strengths and weaknesses. Their story is one of healing a broken soul as the heart finds true love, yet battles against the fear of loss.
3. Beautiful Ties is a heartwarming, standalone novel of a woman, Abbey Madison, who builds a friendship with a young, neighborhood girl, Pearl. Their friendship quickly blossoms into a loving relationship. All the while, Abbey meets the man of her dreams, and she finds herself being tested between balancing her love between Jason and Pearl.
4. Blake Johnson, Jason Johnson, and Damon Johnson are all brothers as well as cousin’s to Lily Madison. Abbey Madison is Kyle’s younger sister.
5. The Beautiful Series tells a story of a family growing alongside one another as each person finds their own way in life. Will they each discover who they were meant to be with in life?
6. Blake, Jason, Damon, and Kyle form tight bonds in their friendships together as Lily, Abbey, Gail, and Audrey also share the same fate.
7. Beautiful Chances is based in Sanibel Island, FL. The rest of the series is based in Lake Tahoe, CA.
8. Each of the couples story can be read as a series or a standalone. As of now, there will be six stories in The Beautiful Series. However, this may change J
9. “A Beautiful Thought”, Damon & Gail’s story, will release on July 14, 2014. “A Beautiful Purpose, Blake & Audrey’s story, will release on August 26, 2014.
10. The Beautiful Series order:
“Beautiful Chances” – Book One – Kyle & Lily
“My Beautiful” – Book Two – Kyle & Lily
“Beautiful Dreams” – Book Three – Kyle & Lily
“Beautiful Ties” – Book Four – Jason & Abbey (Standalone)
“A Beautiful Thought” – Book Five – Damon & Gail – releasing July 14, 2014 (Standalone)
“A Beautiful Purpose” – Book Six – Blake & Audrey – releasing August 26, 2014 (Standalone)
~ From the bottom of my heart, thank you for taking the time to read my novels, and supporting me on this incredible journey. I hope you enjoy The Beautiful Series as much as I love writing it. <3 Alicia Rae
Ten things that inspire me…
1. My family—I’m very blessed to have a husband and family who truly support me unconditionally. That is the greatest inspiration any writer could ever ask for.
2. My three boys—They continue to amaze me every day with their free-spirited imaginations and pure hearts.
3. My readers—There is nothing sweeter than hearing that someone loved one of my novels. Each time, it makes me want to stop what I’m doing and go back to my writing cave.
4. Love—Every girl dreams of falling in love and having her perfect happily ever after. I love to give that to my characters, and I hope to share their stories with others.
5. Reading—There is nothing better than losing yourself in a story. I fight the battle very often. Do I read or write? I’m very passionate about both.
6. Authors—I have so many favorite books. I could never choose just ten. So many authors have made me cry, melt into a puddle, and laugh out loud, causing my husband to look at me as if I’ve lost my mind. Then, I’m usually left with a major book hangover. After reading an unthinkable amount of books in 2012, I give many thanks to all the authors who inspired me to write love stories of my own.
7. Emotions—We all have them, and we try to control them, tame them, or let them flow. I have taken a leap of faith in the writing world as I poured my emotions into The Beautiful Series. I took a chance on myself when I wrote Beautiful Chances, My Beautiful, Beautiful Dreams, and now, Beautiful Ties.
8. People—At heart, I am an observer. I love to watch people interact, smile, and laugh while they embrace a moment. Life is too short not to take a chance on your dreams.
9. Music—I have always loved music. Since I started writing, my love for it has intensified. Now, I find certain songs unleashing scenes in my mind, forcing me to run and search for the closest thing—paper, napkin, or anything within my reach to write my ideas down on.
10. Day-to-day living—You never know what is going to happen the next day or even the next moment in your life. I’ve learned to be thankful for each moment, every person, and every experience that I have.
Top seven places I’d like to visit.
1. Kauai’ – My husband and I went there for our honeymoon years ago. I’ve been dreaming of going back ever since.
2. Family – We are all spread out and don’t get to see each other nearly enough.
3. Ireland – I’ve dreamed of going there since I was a kid.
4. Paris – I think just about every girl dreams of going there.
5. Yosemite – I’ve heard it’s absolutely beautiful.
6. Washington, D.C. – Someday, I’d like to take our three boys on a family trip there.
7. Any beach off an ocean – I love the ocean. Nearly living in the middle of the United States, I’m far – far away from one!
Top Ten Favorite Books That Inspired Me
1. Fifty Shades of Gray – E.L. James
2. Crossfire Series – Sylvia Day
3. Twilight – Stephanie Myer
4. The Blackstone Affair – Raine Miller
5. The Notebook – Nicholas Sparks
6. With Me In Seattle – Kristen Proby
7. The Sullivan Series – Bella Andre
8. Delirium Trilogy – Lauren Oliver
9. Divergent Series – Veronica Roth
10. This Man Confessed – Jodi Ellen Malpus
The first week I began writing Beautiful Chances, I started out with my pen and notebook, writing whenever I could spare a few moments – in the living room, my bedroom, and on my porch. Those beginning moments turned into countless hours. After a couple of weeks, I decided to type it out in a Word Document which came out to be over 25k words.
I was completely stunned.
I suddenly found myself eagerly awaiting the next time I could submerge myself into Kyle and Lily’s world. Since then, I have grown quite fond of an old reclining chair we have in the upper level of our home. When I find myself needing a change of scenery, I drive out to an open country road, park on the side, and let my fingers pound away at the keys while hoping the occasional passing car doesn’t think I’m crazy.Tammies Review:
Another great Beautiful story. Gail Bennett a sports physical therapist has had her share of heartaches. She helps her parents financially with her sisters education and medical expenses. Both her parents work but really cant afford the best for Caroline, who has Autism.
Gail loves her job and her boss, but her boss has been forced to cut back some of Gails hours at work and this is going to hurt her financially. How can she afford to keep helping her parents and pay her own bills. Gail has lunch with Abbey and she suggests taking on a roommate to help out with her rent. And Abbey has the just the right person. Damon Johnson.
Damon is Jason's brother and Lily's cousin who has moved to town to join business with Kyle and Jason. Damon is looking for a place to live. And this would be perfect for Gail. But will it? "But Damon and I don't even know each other. Wouldn't that be totally awkward?"So Abbey talks to Damon and explains Gails situation and hes ready to to test it out.
Gail and Damon have dinner and both feel the connection between each other. But Gail has her heart guarded. She knows the how fast Abbey fell in love with Jason but can this be true for her? Damon bends over backwards to help Gail with anything and everything. Even when it comes to her sister Caroline.
Is Gail ready to do away with the walls she has put around her heart? Can Damon convince her that falling in love so fast is probable?
I gave this 5 stars for the story goes on from Kyle and Lily and love seems to spread to everyone that is close to them. I loved Gail and Damons story. Its really touches your heart.
~ Giveaway ~
Readers - Kindle Paperwhite
Signed paperback of A Beautiful Thought